they’re chock-full of good things… zucchini, carrot, apple, coconut, almonds. brimming with flavor. the kind of muffins that you are happy to feed to your kids and pack in their lunches.
- 2 cups shredded carrots
- 1 cup shredded zucchini
- 1 cup shredded apple
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 2 teaspoons organic orange zest
- 140 grams 1 cup kumquat's gluten-free all-purpose flour
- 70 grams about 1 cup almond flour
- 70 grams about 3/4 cup coconut flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon golden flaxmeal
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup coconut oil
- 3/4 cup water
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Combine first 6 ingredients in a large bowl; set aside.
- Combine flours, sugar, cinnamon, baking powder, flaxmeal, and salt in a medium bowl. Combine eggs, oil, water and vanilla in another bowl. Add egg mixture to flour mixture. Stir in carrot mixture; mix until well combined.
- Fill muffin tins to the top with batter. Bake at 400° for 25 minutes or until pick inserted in the center comes out clean.