i’m always thrilled to hear from readers. especially when they have nice things to say.
and even more especially when i can help them out a little. to me, there’s nothing like bringing something yummy back into someone’s life in a gluten-free version. so when a reader, kristie, recently contacted me through my facebook page and told me about these awesome muffins, i was happy to see what i could do.
and… here they are! no wonder they were requested.
they’re chock-full of good things… zucchini, carrot, apple, coconut, almonds. brimming with flavor. the kind of muffins that you are happy to feed to your kids and pack in their lunches.
Servings 18 muffins
- 2 cups shredded carrots
- 1 cup shredded zucchini
- 1 cup shredded apple
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 2 teaspoons organic orange zest
- 140 grams 1 cup kumquat's gluten-free all-purpose flour
- 70 grams about 1 cup almond flour
- 70 grams about 3/4 cup coconut flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon golden flaxmeal
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup coconut oil
- 3/4 cup water
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Combine first 6 ingredients in a large bowl; set aside.
- Combine flours, sugar, cinnamon, baking powder, flaxmeal, and salt in a medium bowl. Combine eggs, oil, water and vanilla in another bowl. Add egg mixture to flour mixture. Stir in carrot mixture; mix until well combined.
- Fill muffin tins to the top with batter. Bake at 400° for 25 minutes or until pick inserted in the center comes out clean.