i have confessed before that a rough week makes me want to bake muffins. prior proof and admission here with these blueberry-lemon muffins.
well despite the fact that the blueberry-lemon muffins were made TWO years and TWO moves ago, the truth hasn’t changed. we still move and it still makes me make muffins.
it seems another move is before us. this one came as a bit of a surprise, so we are in the midst of readying a house to sell and figuring out what life will look like on the other end. this time it’s washington, dc.
after a frantic weekend of cleaning our enormous and very cool house to get ready for our first real-deal potential buyer, and a thousand other life things that always hit at the same time because of murphy’s law, i was exhausted.
so what do i do? make muffins.
i’ve been sitting on this recipes for months. and it was time.
just as delicious and full of flavor as i needed. and they smell divine.
i give you permission… no matter your week… make these, too.
White Chocolate Pecan Grapefruit Muffins
- 1/2 cup gluten-free rolled oats
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 210 grams about 1 1/2 cups kumquat's gluten-free all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup gmo-free canola oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons grapefruit zest
- 4 ounces chopped white chocolate
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Cooking spray
- 1 1/4 cups powdered sugar
- 1-2 tablespoons grapefruit juice
- Combine oats and buttermilk; allow to sit at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl.
- Combine oil, eggs and brown sugar in a medium bowl.
- Add oil mixture to flour mixture and stir well; stir in buttermilk mixture. Stir in grapefruit zest, white chocolate, and pecans; mix until just combined.
- Divide batter evenly among 12 muffin tins that have been coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 350° for 20 minutes or until pick inserted into center of muffins comes out clean.
- Allow to cool.
- Combine powdered sugar and grapefruit juice; top cooled muffins with icing.