after going all morning chasing after my little guy, running errands, cleaning up the house, and all of the other unknown surprises that crop up during a day in the life of a mommy, when the blessed nap-time hour hits, i want to sit still with a cup of coffee and some kind of yummy baked good. the dietitian in me knows i should probably just support my adrenals a little more, but the foodie in me usually puts up a good fight in favor of the sugar cravings.
blondies rock… they’re just an easy, low-maintenance alternative to cookies and brownies. you can’t go too wrong with what you throw into them. but something magical happens when you combine lime and white chocolate…. you have to try these white chocolate & lime blondies.
i’ll be having some at two… maybe with a side of ashwagandha.
White Chocolate & Lime Blondies
- 1/2 cup 4 ounces butter, melted
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 large eggs beaten until just frothy
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 40 grams 1/4 cup superfine brown rice flour
- 27 grams 1/4 cup tapioca flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chunks or morsels
- 1 tablespoon grated lime rind organic, if possible
- Cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350`.
- Mix together butter, brown sugar, eggs and vanilla in a medium bowl.
- Combine flours and salt in a medium bowl. Add flour mixture to butter mixture, stirring well. Fold in chocolate morsels and lime rind. (Batter may seem a bit runny.)
- Pour batter into an 8-inch square baking pan generously coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350` for 10 minutes; reduce heat to 300` and bake an additional 25 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. For best results, cool, cover and chill overnight; then serve.