disclosure: blog brûlée is being partially funded by the generosity of brands mentioned in this post. i was not compensated to write this post. all opinions expressed are my own.
three plus years ago, when i started this little blog, i had no idea that i was opening a window wide to let the breeze blow into my life some experiences beyond my wildest dreams.
today i get to announce one of the bigger opportunities this space has allowed me.
i am planning, alongside three remarkably incredible women, a super exciting food blogger’s conference that we will hold in september.
blog brûlée will be an amazing weekend in the mountains of vermont, surrounded by like-minded registered dietitian and healthy food bloggers. we will be visiting vineyards, eating delicious food, and talking shop. and by shop i mean learning the ins and outs of blogging… photography, writing, community, brand promotion and so much more… from some of the very best.
speaking of some of the very best… three of them have graciously involved me in these plans. it has truly been a joy and a pleasure working together with these ladies. and the remarkable thing is i’ve only ever been in the physical presence of one of them!
regan jones is the mastermind behind so much, including healthy aperture, the recipe redux and RDs for disclosure. we go way, way back to my days at oxmoor house, when she was a food editor and i was a test kitchen staff/food stylist. all young and green on the RD foodie scene… and we’ve interwoven our lives in the real and virtual world ever since. deanna seagrave-daly and robin plotkin are the two other no-lie brilliant ladies working their magic to make this thing happen. even though we’ve not ever met in person, i feel like we’re old friends and can’t wait for the event if not to just hang out with them!
i’m thrilled to see all of the pieces falling into place… the speakers, the sponsors, the attendees, the activites. it truly is beyond my wildest dreams…
we are so grateful for the sponsors that have jumped on board with us. it is true that without them this wouldn’t be happening. here are the generous folks who have joined us:
find out more: website facebook twitter youtube
stay tuned here for more reports on the big event… and be sure to follow #blogbrulee on twitter for updates and info too!
i couldn’t very well share the news of blog brûlée without including a recipe for a brûlée! this one is dairy-free and delicious…
Vanilla Bean Creme Brûlée
Servings 5 -6 servings
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 4 egg yolks
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 pint So Delicious french vanilla coconut milk coffee creamer
- 2 teaspoons vanilla paste*
- extra sugar
- Combine cornstarch, egg yolks, sugar, and salt in a medium saucepan; stir with a wire whisk until well combined. Stir in coffee creamer with a wire whisk until well combined. Heat mixture over medium-high heat, stirring with a wire whisk until mixture simmers, thickens and glugs with bubbles.
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla paste. Pour mixture through a fine sieve into a large measuring cup or bowl; discard any solids in the sieve. Pour strained mixture into ramekins. Chill for 4 hours or overnight.
- When ready to serve, sprinkle an even layer of sugar over surface of custard. Melt and slightly burn sugar with a kitchen torch or under a carefully watched broiler.
- *If you have no vanilla paste, feel free to scrape the seeds from one vanilla bean into the mixture before cooking.