i realized that these summer months have passed by without many homemade frozen things here on kumquat.
there were these handsome little simple chocolate elvis ice cream bars (and man, they were good!), but otherwise the frozen pickings were low. i feel like there were more last summer. but i guess a giant baby belly in the summer months will make you want ice cream or most anything cold.
(mind-blowing… that very baby is turning ONE tomorrow! i’ll celebrate her properly here on kumquat, but today is all about this…)
the simplest frozen dessert i may have ever made. and my kids were really excited about it. frankly, i should’ve/could’ve made them make it.
frozen yogurt bark is just about spreading yogurt in a pan, topping with fruits or sweets, and swinging it into the freezer for a bit. break it into pieces like chocolate bark and your delicious homemade frozen treat is ready to eat!
in the name of all things summer, i decided to top my dairy-free coconut milk vanilla yogurt with peaches and mangoes and pistachios. but switch it out, if you have some berries to use up or you need a little chocolate in your day!
my kids loved this sweet peach mango pistachio frozen yogurt bark. so, if you’re trying to eek out the last bit of summer, make yourself a simple batch this weekend.
sweet peach mango pistachio frozen yogurt bark
- 2 cups dairy-free coconut milk vanilla yogurt i used So Delicious Coconut Milk vanilla yogurt
- 1/2 ripe peach sliced 1/8-inch thick
- 1 cup mango chunks
- 1/4 cup shelled salted pistachios
- Line an 11-inch jellyroll pan (or rimmed baking sheet) with parchment paper.
- Spread yogurt evenly over entire pan, to about 1/4-inch thickness.
- Sprinkle remaining ingredients evenly over yogurt.
- Place pan in freezer for 4 hours or until frozen.
- Break into pieces. Store in freezer.