there are two types of recipes a food blogger can post.
- a new concept recipe
- a real life recipe that you make a lot at your own house
when the recipe redux ladies asked us to make a healthy, easy breakfast i went into autopilot and landed on a recipe that fits category 2.
i am no stranger to the breakfast cookie. these dried fruit & peanut butter breakfast cookies are really yummy. the all-time most viewed recipe on this whole site are my blueberry coconut pecan breakfast cookies.
to me, there’s nothing more simple than a quick stir-together and bake cookie that is full of everything i want in a breakfast. not to mention none of the extra sugar and or junk i don’t want. and they’re not just breakfast. serve them as an after-school snack or even an ideal dessert!
add this one to the list of recipes i make all the time at my house.
these #GF super easy breakfast cookies are full of all the good things to start your day Click To Tweet
Super Easy Breakfast Cookies
- 1 ripe banana
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1 1/2 cups gluten-free rolled oats
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons flaxmeal
- 2 tablespoons hemp hearts
- 2 tablespoons cacao nibs
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 325°.
- Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl. Scoop mixture out with a 1/4-cup measure onto parchment lined baking sheet. Shape into a circle, if needed.
- Bake at 325° for 14-15 minutes or until golden.
to see the rest of the delicious recipes submitted this month, click on the blue frog below: