my mom recently took my sister and my 6-year old niece to high tea.
i loved seeing the photos of that sweet little girl in her lovely pink hat and lacy gloves. sometimes it’s just fun to be girly… i can’t wait to take my little goose to her first fancy tea. hopefully these other three will be there too!
i may, however, be bringing my own scones…
i have always adored a good scone, and nothing is more perfect than strawberries & cream!
Strawberry & Cream Scones
Servings 8 servings
- 140 grams about 1 cup kumquat's gluten-free all-purpose flour
- 140 grams oat flour
- 2 teaspoons golden flaxmeal
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chilled butter cut into small pieces
- 3/4 cup minced strawberries
- 1 cup cream
- turbinado sugar
- 1 strawberry mashed
- powdered sugar
- Combine first 5 ingredients in a large bowl; cut in butter with a pastry cutter or fingers until mixture resembles coarse meal. Stir in strawberries. Stir in cream. Pour mixture out onto parchment and form an 8-inch round. Chill for 20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 450°. Cut circle of dough into 8 scones and separate a bit so they don't touch. Sprinkle dough with turbinado sugar.
- Bake at 450° for 17 minutes or until golden. Cool on a wire rack.
- Combine mashed strawberry and enough powdered sugar to make a good drizzle. Drizzle icing over scones. Put on you hat and lacy gloves and enjoy!
*recipe adapted from this southern living recipe