recently my son and i experienced a first… strawberry picking.
we went with a little preschool friend, his mommy and little brother to the same nearby orchard where we picked peaches last year for this recipe. actually, i must admit, i got a little carried away and picked about 10 pounds of strawberries. they were so red and ripe and beautiful that i couldn’t control myself. justifiably, there are surely worse things to have too many of…
seeing my son slurp down a strawberry milkshake at the orchard fruit stand made me wish i had my own dairy-free, tummy-friendly version of the perfectly pink creamy treat. clearly, i knew what i’d be doing with at least some of those pounds of fruit…
there’s no better way to begin to welcome summer and bid a fond farewell to the school year like making ice cream. though it’s hard to believe it’s almost june, i think a bowlful of strawberry ice cream is a nice meeting of spring and summer. ease on in.
Strawberry Coconut Milk Ice Cream
- 1 1/2 pounds hulled fresh strawberries
- 2 13.5-ounce cans full-fat coconut milk
- 1/4 cup agave nectar or honey
- Combine all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. Chill mixture.
- Place mixture in an ice cream maker and freeze according to manufacturer's instruction. Store in freezer.