it is the 22nd and that means two things:
1. it is recipe redux day!
2. school will be starting soon for my kids (and very well may have started for your kiddos already).
like many parents, there are several routines of life during a school year that i’m really looking forward to. the predictable schedule, the planned bedtimes, and less pressure to entertain and referee all day long. but with those comes the pain in the neck routines like waking up early, packing lunches, monday through friday grind, evening homework and dinner on the table early enough for bath and bed.
in anticipation of those weekday dinner needs, the recipe redux has challenged us this month to share a dinner meal that is healthy, easy and delicious. i love this one. my easy roasted salmon & asparagus with lemon-caper-dill aioli. i love it enough that it is in my book, fast & simple gluten free.
one pan and one hot oven means protein and veggie are covered for dinner.
Roasted Salmon & Asparagus with Lemon-Caper-Dill Aioli
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon rind
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh dill
- 1 tablespoon chopped capers
- 2 teaspoons finely minced red onion
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
Salmon & Asparagus:
- 1 pound asparagus trimmed
- Cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 pounds skinless salmon fillet
- Combine mayonnaise and next 8 ingredients in a small bowl until well blended. Cover and chill for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 450`.
- Arrange asparagus in an even layer on a rimmed baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste. Place salmon fillet directly on top of asparagus. Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
- Roast salmon at 450` for 20 minutes, or until fish flakes when tested with a fork.
- Serve salmon and asparagus with chilled Aioli. (or chill it all and serve cold… )
*recipe roughly adapted from this recipe.