disclosure: i received free samples florida crystals® raw cane sugar. by posting this recipe i am entering a recipe contest sponsored by florida crystals® and am eligible to win prizes associated with the contest. i was not compensated for my time.
and in a blink…. it’s already thanksgiving.
we’ve already feasted with our middle child’s first grade class. the fall thanksgiving break has begun. and therefore, so has the thanksgiving menu planning for dinner and dessert with my extended family.
the dessert table is always my favorite to plan for… let’s be honest. but while i love making pies and cakes, sometimes you just have to plan a quick and easy dessert that’s sure to please.
enter the easy and delicious pavlova. a fluffy cloud of sweet meringue topped with sugared whipped cream and berries. there’s no way to go wrong… both in procedure or flavor.
these raspberry pistachio pavlovas are made with florida crystals® organic raw cane sugar and florida crystals® organic powdered raw cane sugar. their sugars are raised on sustainable family farms, growing the only organic raw cane sugar in the country. their farmers have worked for generations to put their knowledge and passion to work day after day, controlling every step of the process as they plant, harvest, mill and package the finest sugar possible… resulting in complete transparency, incredible consistency, and unequaled quality.
my littlest pilgrim claimed these were the best things she’s ever eaten… which is high praise. add these to your dessert table to make both your bigs and littles happy pilgrims.
Raspberry Pistachio Pavlovas
- 6 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups sugar such as Florida Crystals® Organic Cane Sugar
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1/2 cup pistachio ground
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar such as Florida Crystals® Organic Powdered Raw Cane Sugar
- Fresh Raspberries
- Preheat oven to 300°.
- Beat egg whites in a large bowl until soft peaks form. Slowly add sugar, 1 tablespoons at a time, until all sugar is incorporated. Beat until eggs are glossy and firm peaks form. Add vinegar and beat another 3 minutes or until eggs are glossy.
- Divide egg whites into 8 round nests on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Be careful not to flatten or deflate eggs. Sprinkle one-half of meringues with ground pistachios.
- Bake at 300° for 50 minutes. Turn off oven and let meringues dry in oven, untouched, until oven is cool.
- Meanwhile, beat heavy cream and powdered sugar until whipped. Spoon cream evenly onto meringues and top evenly raspberries and extra ground pistachios.