if you ask me, no-bake treats aren’t just for the summer months.
today is the coldest day i’ve seen in a while. highs in mid-50s. lows in mid-30s. (i’m not sure i’m ready for this yet.)
clearly, avoiding heating the kitchen with a warm oven isn’t the reason at hand for making these no-bake bars. when it comes down to it, they’re just easy and quick.
here are two of my favorite times to making these:
1. when i want something simple, sweet, and healthy(er) to offer to my son as an after school snack.
2. when i want an easy dessert to serve to dinner guests after spending a chunk of time making a big ol’ meal. (and they’re the perfectly-sized sweet ending to those extra-effort dinners.)
i have a very similar recipe in my book, in cookie form, that i make a lot too. but this bar version may have won me over… no need to even spoon out. just press into the pan and chill!
No-Bake Coconut Raisin Oat Crunch Bars
Servings 28 bars
- 2 cups gluten-free rolled oats
- 1½ cups gluten-free crisp rice cereal
- ⅓ cup toasted unsweetened coconut flakes
- ⅓ cup raisins
- 1//2 teaspoon salt
- 4 ounces bittersweet chocolate bar chopped
- ½ cup peanut butter
- ⅓ cup honey
- ⅓ cup coconut oil
- Line a 13- x 9-inch baking pan with parchment paper, leaving a bit of paper to hang over sides.
- Combine first 5 ingredients in a medium bowl.
- Combine remaining ingredients in a small saucepan. Heat over low-medium heat, stirring frequently, until mixture combines and melts together. Pour mixture over oat mixture; stir until well-combined.
- Pour mixture into prepared pan and press with a spatula to evenly cover bottom of pan. Refrigerate for at least 3 hours. Remove from pan using overhang of paper and cut into bars. Store in fridge. (Bars are best served chilled)