i’ve discovered one great reason to love living in the land of eternal snow… soups!
on a frigid day off, my husband was out in the backyard in the cold with my two bundled and wrapped kiddos, sledding, snowballing and freezing. i was enjoying a pleasant morning huddled over a warm stove making soup.
i do believe the reward of coming in from the snow to a hot bowl of loaded baked potato soup is just about as great as hot chocolate. just about.
Loaded Baked Potato
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup kumquat's gluten-free all-purpose flour or other gluten-free all-purpose flour
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 3 russet potatoes peeled and chopped into 1/2-inch pieces (about 5-6 cups chopped potato)
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- shredded Cheddar cheese
- cooked chopped bacon
- sliced green onions
- Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Stir in flour with a wire whisk until well-combined, and cook for 1-2 minutes. Stir in broth and heavy cream. Add potatoes and stir to combine.
- Bring to a simmer, and cook, stirring frequently, for 8-10 minutes, or until potatoes are tender.
- Stir in 1 cup Cheddar cheese, sour cream, garlic salt, salt and pepper.
- Top with additional cheese, bacon and green onions.