spring is here!
and with it another of my favorite moments… gathering around a common table with those we love eating delicious menus of yummy food.
whether yours is a large crowd or small, these grain-free mini-pies are a great addition to the dessert table. they are sweet and individually portioned, and i can’t imagine how anyone could turn down their very own pie! plus they’re made with this deliciously perfect grain-free pie crust that i love with all my heart.
friends, happy easter to you… i’m thankful for you!
- 1 recipe perfect grain-free pie crust see notes for link!
- 2 cups berries coarsely chopped
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon arrowroot starch
- 1 teaspoon organic lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon vanilla paste or extract
- 1 large egg
- Make crust; cut and press into 6-7 small 3 1/2-inch ramekins. (Keep about 1/3 of dough for lattice-work on top of pies.) Chill dough.
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Mix together berries, sugar, arrowroot, lemon zest, and vanilla. Spoon mixture evenly into ramekins. Top berries with lattice-work of remaining dough.
- Place ramekins on a baking sheet. Beat egg in a small bowl; brush tops of pastry crust with beaten egg. Bake at 375° for 22-25 minutes or until tops are golden and bottom crust is cooked.