sometimes you need some sprinkles.
today is one of those days. sprinkles. and cakes. and waffles. and donuts.
yes, i did. all at once.
and no. it’s not anyone’s birthday at my house right now.
there has, however, been a revelation by uncle sam of another move to come. soon. this spring.
another, up and at ’em. loads of cardboard. packed trucks. stuff hauled. upheavals. changes. and more.
move #9, if you’re counting.
and so… grain-free birthday cake waffle donuts.
(ps. for the record, these would make an epic alternative to a birthday cake!)
for those days you need sprinkles in your life- #grainfree birthday cake waffle donuts Click To Tweet
Grain-Free Birthday Cake Waffle Donuts
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup arrowroot starch
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla paste or extract
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 2 tablespoons sprinkles
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla paste or extract
- 1-2 tablespoons milk
- Preheat waffle iron according to manufacturer's instructions.
- Combine almond flour, arrowroot starch, sugar, baking powder, xanthan gum, and salt in a medium bowl. Combine milk, egg, vanilla paste, and butter in a measuring cup or medium bowl. Add milk mixture to flour mixture; stir until just combined.
- Spoon about 2 tablespoons mixture into the center of hot waffle iron; cook according to manufacturer's instructions. Cool slightly on a wire rack. Repeat with remaining batter.
- Combine glaze ingredients with a wire whisk to make a thick glaze. Add more sugar or milk to achieve desired consistency. Dunk tops of waffle donuts into glaze. Allow excess to drip off, sprinkle with extra sprinkles, and return to wire rack for glaze to set.