enter california raisins… they are perfectly sweet, but with no added added sugar. they come by their sweetness naturally, as they are dried by the sun. plus, they offer 9% of daily fiber and 6% of daily iron in only a 1/4 cup serving. that fiber helps keep my kids feel full longer than those sugar-filled snacks. (and there’s research that agrees.)
Golden Raisin & Golden Apple Fruit Leather
- 3 Golden Delicious apples peeled, cored and chopped (about 3 cups)
- 1 cup California golden raisins
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 cup water
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine all ingredients in a medium saucepan; cover and cook over medium heat for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until apples and raisins are soft. Transfer mixture to a blender; pulse until smooth.
- Press mixture through a fine sieve onto parchment and discard solids left behind. (This step is optional.)
- Spread mixture into an even thin layer on parchment. Heat oven to 150° on convection cook and cook for 6-8 hours or until fruit leather is just slightly sticky, but not tacky. (A regular bake setting will work too, it may just take a bit longer.)
- Allow to cool completely. Cut fruit leather and parchment into desired shapes.
for more information about california raisins, visit www.loveyourraisins.com.