okay… gluten-free eaters. hold on to your hats!
today i have one easy, unbelievably tasty recipe for you…
sadly, they will be gone way too fast. so make extra.
back in our gluten-eating days, my husband ordered fried cheese sticks just about every time we saw them on a menu. oh how he lurves them.
and i do too. they take me back to memories of high school. crunching through to the chewy hot center dipped in marinara with my friends at chili’s on a friday night. they were the side dish to the flour tortillas and queso, of course. we were very healthy in the early 90’s.
sometimes those simple indulgences must be indulged. and that’s what today’s recipe is all about.
plain mozzarella cheese sticks, coated in breadcrumbs and fried. your fav warmed marinara sauce on the side. and i’ve been transported back in time, just like that.
these gluten-free fried mozzarella cheese sticks are so worth it. and apparently their love and appreciation is hereditary cause my son is already asking for me to make them again.
you love them too, don’t you?!
these super-simple #GF fried mozzarella sticks will transport you instantly to some insanely delicious appetizer memories. Click To Tweet
Fried Mozzarella Sticks
- 8 mozzarella sticks 8 ounces, cut in half
- 1 large egg lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup kumquat's gluten-free all-purpose flour or other gluten-free all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup gluten-free fine Italian breadcrumbs i used & love Aleia's Italian Breadcrumbs
- Organic canola oil
- Dip each mozzarella stick half in egg, then gluten-free all-purpose flour.
- Then dip in egg again, and finally in breadcrumbs.
- Continue dipping remaining cheese.
- Place coated cheese sticks on a plate and chill in fridge for 30 minutes.
- Pour oil to about 1-inch depth in a skillet. Heat until a pinch of breadcrumbs begins to sizzle in oil.
- Cook coated cheese sticks until brown, turning once, or about 2 minutes each side.
- Serve hot with your fav marinara.