i’ve been on a bit of a lemon kick lately.
there’s something about the bright hit of that citrus that i love. lemon squares (have you tried these? holy moses, they are good.) lemon meringue. lemon pancakes (stay tuned for those). lemonades. even loads of lemon water.
so when a kind reader (who also requested that i give these zucchini-carrot muffins a gluten-free go) asked me to do a little recipe renovation of this lovely lemon loaf, i couldn’t say no!
truth be told, i’m not a zucchini lover. it’s okay and all as a side dish, but definitely not a favorite. however, i had an extra zucch in the fridge though after making these zucchini-chocolate chip oat balls last week, so i was even more thrilled to be conscientious enough to not put it to waste.
this pretty quickbread was super easy and wonderfully lemon-y! i couldn’t help myself… i bumped up the lemon quotient just slightly from the original. i hope you enjoy, kristie… 🙂
and you, too, dear reader. if there’s a certain recipe calling your name that needs a little gluten-free facelift, please feel free to let me know. you might hit me at just the right time, too!
Glazed Lemon Zucchini Bread
Servings 1 (9-inch) loaf
- 280 grams about 2 cups king arthur gluten-free all-purpose flour or other gluten-free all-purpose flour without xanthan gum
- 2 tablespoons golden flaxmeal
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup organic canola oil
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- grated rind of 1 organic lemon
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup grated zucchini squeezed dry between paper towels
- Cooking spray
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons grated rind of organic lemon
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Combine flour, flaxmeal, baking powder, and salt in a medium bowl. Combine eggs, oil, buttermilk, lemon rind, lemon juice and sugar in a large bowl; stir well with a wire whisk to combine. Stir in zucchini. Add flour mixture to egg mixture; stir well with a wire whisk to combine.
- Pour mixture into a 9-inch loaf pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 50 minutes or until a pick inserted in the center comes out clean. Allow to cool 10 minutes; remove from pan to rack and cool completely.
- Stir together powdered sugar, lemon rind and lemon juice. Spread over cooled loaf.