i’m really excited that it’s almost october.
not only because it’s the start of all things pumpkin, apple, cinnamon, and gingersnap. not only because it is the month my mom and i celebrate our birthdays. it’s because next month brings some super exciting events!!
for the first time since my book was published i get to go take it on the road for some great promotion. not only on the road, but to my great home-state of texas!
i am thrilled to announce i’ll have a booth at the food & nutrition conference & expo (FNCE, as it is belovedly-known to my fellow registered dietitians) for the academy of nutrition and dietetics in houston.
so on sunday, october 20, please come visit me at lucky booth 13 in the member product marketplace. i’ll be there all day, and will be selling and signing my cookbook… i can’t wait to meet many of you!
if houston isn’t your neck of the woods, then next on the stop is dallas! october 26-27, i’ll be an official expo author for the gluten & allergen free expo at the plano convention center. if you are gluten-free in the dfw area, this is the place to be… tons of vendors, samples, classes, and more. i’ll be selling and signing books there too. please drop by to say hi!
i am so excited to meet so many of you, readers, fellow dietitian bloggers, fellow gluten-free friends, and food lovers. i am thrilled to focus on my book a little and share it with everyone!
just to whet your appetite, today i’m sharing a never-before-shared recipe from my book. these cookies are undeniably one of my favorites… ever. they’re so perfect for the coming seasons (though i’m happy to eat them any time of year). just the right bit of crunch and chew. flag these for sure!
and come see me!
Gingersnap Cookies with White Chocolate
Servings 1 1/2 dozen.
- 1 teaspoon golden flaxseed meal
- 2 teaspoons very hot water
- 2 cups 280 grams Kumquat’s Gluten-Free All-Purpose Flour Blend or gluten-free all- purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 3/4 cup oil
- 1 cup plus 1/4 cup sugar divided
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 2 ounces white chocolate chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper. Combine the flaxseed meal and hot water in a small bowl. Stir until a thick slurry forms and set aside.
- Combine the flour, baking soda, ginger, cinnamon, salt, and cloves in a large bowl. Combine the oil and 1 cup sugar in another large bowl and beat with an electric mixer for 2 minutes or until pale in color. Beat in the egg and molasses. Add the flour mixture and flax slurry to the oil mixture and stir until well combined.
- Roll 2 tablespoonfuls of dough into a ball (a little smaller than a golf ball). Roll dough ball in remaining sugar to coat. Place on baking sheet and repeat with remaining dough, placing balls 2 inches (5 cm) apart on parchment. Bake both baking sheets for 12 to 14 minutes or until the edges are browned and the tops are crackled. Transfer cookies to a rack and cool.
- While the cookies bake, carefully heat the white chocolate in the top of a double boiler over simmering water on in a microwave until melted. Drizzle the chocolate evenly over slightly cooled cookies. Refrigerate the cookies for a couple of minutes to set the chocolate, if desired.