he discovered it somewhere and made the request. we were lucky enough to be visiting when mom answered that request and baked up this earthquake.
so just in time for the holiday bash… the one where you bring something and everyone helps you eat it. bring this. better yet, let the kids help you make it and watch the eruption occur in the oven (though no worries… it all stays in the pan.)
it’s a beautifully ugly pile of chocolate deliciousness.
- Cooking spray
- 1 cup shredded sweetened coconut
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 box King Arthur gluten-free chocolate cake mix
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 12 ounces chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Spray a 13- x 9-inch baking pan with cooking spray. Spread coconut and walnuts into the bottom of baking pan.
- Prepare chocolate cake mix according to manufacturer's instructions. Spread batter over coconut and walnuts.
- Combine cream cheese, butter, powdered sugar and vanilla in a medium bowl until well-combined. Spread mixture over chocolate batter with a spatula. Sprinkle chocolate chips evenly over the top of the mixture. Bake at 350° for 50 minutes.