what do you do with too many bananas and too many decisions to make?
click over to my guest post at healthy aperture blog to find out…
Double Chocolate-Banana-Poppy Seed Bread
- 2 teaspoons golden flaxmeal
- 4 teaspoons hot water
- 105 grams about 3/4 cup Kumquat's gluten-free all-purpose flour or other gluten-free all-purpose flour
- 25 grams about 1/4 cup unflavored whey protein
- 21 grams about 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons poppyseeds
- 4 bananas mashed
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/3 cup oil
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup mini-chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°. Combine flaxmeal and hot water until a slurry forms; set aside.
- Line a 9-inch loaf pan with parchment paper, allowing enough paper to hang over long sides by a few inches. Spray lightly with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Combine flour, whey protein, cocoa powder, sugar, baking soda, salt and poppyseeds in a large bowl. In another bowl, combine bananas, eggs, vanilla, oil, and sour cream. Add flax slurry and wet ingredients to dry ingredients; stir just until mixture is combined. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Pour mixture into prepared loaf pan. Bake at 350° for 1 hour or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Allow to cool 10 minutes in pan. Carefully remove from pan using parchment overhang as help. Cool completely on wire rack.