what an amazing time i had meeting so many wonderful, food-loving, gluten-free-minded registered dietitians this past weekend.
if you came by the booth, it was a joy. really. and thanks to all of you who purchased my book. of several cases, i only brought four books home. my mind is blown.
and most of all, i’m humbled and grateful to share delicious recipes with so many new people. some bought the book just for themselves, others for loved ones, others still to share with patients looking for hopeful gluten-free recipes.
fascinating to hear so many miraculous stories about how eating gluten-free has truly changed peoples lives.
today, more than most days, i’m reminded that THIS is why i do what i do.
i look so anxiously forward to this weekend and the gluten & allergen-free expo in dallas/plano. i’m excited to meet more folks like us. thrilled to pass on more hope and foodie comfort.
but first, i’ll share some with you.
i remember as a little girl, my mom would make chocolate pudding for me and my sister. i have a fuzzy yet clear memory of sitting in our basement, fresh from the bath, watching a quick show, eating warm chocolate pudding.
for me, chocolate pudding will always be a comfort food. always.
this one is dairy-free. easy on the tummy. but so very delightful. takes me back. oh, and i could eat the whole bowl.
(and for an extra fun, halloween theme, i love the black cauldrons for serving.)
Creamy Chocolate-Coconut Pudding
Servings 4 servings
- 1 13.5-ounce can unsweetened coconut milk
- 3 tablespoons arrowroot starch
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 2 ounces bittersweet chocolate chopped
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Combine all ingredients in a medium saucepan. Heat over medium heat until mixture begins to simmer and thickens to pudding consistency. Allow to cool slightly.
- Transfer to a bowl and cover. (To keep film from forming on top of pudding, press plastic wrap onto surface of pudding, if desired.)