hold onto your hats… here’s actually another entree recipe. coffee-marinated grilled pork chops.
oh happy day, spring is upon us. blooming dogwoods. flip flops. short sleeves. sunshine. dinner on the grill. hallelujah!
i was most certainly not bred for cold weather and am so very grateful for the warmer temperatures. (not to mention when you have a 3-year-old little guy, after a cold winter, getting to play outside is the equivalent of a fabulous new toy.) grilling is such a perfect option for cooking on a nice evening… with the definite bonus of less after-dinner clean-up. i even like to cook an entire meal on the grill… throw on some asparagus and quartered red potatoes, lightly coated with olive oil, salt and pepper and you’re set!
Coffee-Marinated Grilled Pork Chops
Servings 4 servings.
- 1 cup freshly brewed coffee chilled
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 tablespoons molasses
- 3 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 jalapeno seeded and minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 bone-in pork chops
- Combine first 10 ingredients in a large zip-lock bag. Massage bag to mix well. Add pork chops; seal bag and turn to coat. Chill and marinate 8 hours or overnight.
- Remove pork chops from marinade; discard marinade. Preheat grill; grill pork chops 3-4 minutes on each side or until they reach 160` when tested with an instant read thermometer.