we recently had one last hurrah in the form of a brunch… i contributed these muffins. it was a great, relaxed day of good food, happy kids, and a group effort puzzle (the first puzzle i’ve successfully completed, not involving thomas the tank engine, in i don’t know how long.)
Coconut Cranberry Muffins
- 240 grams about 1 3/4 cups kumquat's all-purpose flour or other gluten-free flour
- 40 grams about 1/4 cup almond flour/meal (i used Trader Joe's)
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar or 1/3 cup regular sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup shredded sweetened coconut
- 1 1/4 cups canned unsweetened full-fat coconut milk
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon coconut extract
- 1 large egg
- turbinado sugar
- Preheat oven to 400°. Combine flour, almond meal, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl. Stir in cranberries and coconut.
- In a medium bowl, combine coconut milk, butter, extracts, and egg. Add mixture to dry ingredients; stir well.
- Spoon mixture evenly into 12-muffin tins lined with cupcake liners or parchment. Sprinkle each tin of batter with a finger-full of turbinado sugar. Bake at 400° for 22-25 minutes or until golden and a pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pans for a few minutes. Enjoy!