**if you want these cookies on a stick… just after removing cookies from oven, carefully press lollipop sticks or bamboo skewers into the bottom end of the cookie, about half way through. allow to cool after stick is placed.
Classic Sugar Cookies 2.0
- 1 teaspoon golden flaxmeal
- 2 teaspoons very hot water
- 420 grams about 3 cups kumquat's all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons whey protein
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup salted butter softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- Combine flaxmeal and hot water in a small bowl. Mix well until a slurry forms; set aside. Combine gluten-free flour, whey protein, baking powder, and salt in a medium bowl.
- Beat butter and sugar in the bowl of a standing mixer, or with a handheld electric mixer, for 5 minutes or until pale. Add flax slurry, egg, vanilla extract, and almond extract; beat until combined. Stir in flour mixture until dough forms.
- Transfer dough to a large sheet of wax paper. Top dough with another sheet of wax paper. Roll dough to 3/8-inch thickness. Place wax paper covered dough onto a baking sheet and place in freezer for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Remove dough from freezer; peel top layer of wax paper off of dough and place back on dough. Turn dough over; peel layer of wax paper off of dough and discard paper. Cut cookies with desired cookie cutter shapes. Re-roll all excess dough and cut cookies (no need to re-chill).
- Place cut cookies onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake at 350° for 12 minutes or until edges are barely golden and middles look tender.