okay… so one more re-post!
i promise, though, that i have a mouth-watering cookie in the works… and the last half of the month will be filled with the very best gluten-free recipes of 2012. more on that later…
back to this one… i love this recipe because it’s an unexpected use of some simple, healthy berries. it’s fresh and full of flavor, and would be lovely on a holiday table or as a brunch soup.
this chilled blueberry soup with mint is a brilliant way to use those beautiful and healthy berries... the best summer starter soup around! Click To Tweet
Chilled Blueberry Soup with Mint
Servings 2 cups
- 1 pint fresh organic blueberries
- 1 6-ounce container plain coconut milk yogurt
- 1/2 cup canned full-fat coconut milk
- 4 fresh mint leaves
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- extra canned full-fat coconut milk
- Combine all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. Strain through a fine sieve; discard remaining seeds and skins. Chill mixture. Stir well; add additional coconut milk to achieve desired consistency, if desired.
- Serve with fresh mint leaves and a few drops of coconut milk, if desired.
for more recipes and health information about these lovely berries, go to littlebluedynamos.com.