a delicious, oaty, berry-filled, streusel-topped, gluten-free muffin. perfect for a sunday brunch. or any day of the week.
Blueberry Oat Muffins
Servings 12 muffins
- 1/2 cup rolled oats certified gluten-free
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 2/3 cups gluten-free all-purpose flour i used King Arthur brand
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- Cooking spray
- 2/3 cup gluten-free all-purpose flour once again, King Arthur
- 2/3 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/3 cup rolled oats certified gluten-free
- 6 tablespoons butter chilled and cut into small pieces
- Combine oats and buttermilk in a medium bowl, and let sit for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350`. Add oil, eggs and sugar to oat mixture; beat for 1 minute. Combine flour, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda and salt in a medium bowl. Add flour mixture to egg mixture and stir until combine. Fold berries into batter. Spoon batter into muffin cups coated with cooking spray to 3/4-full.
- In a small bowl combine 2/3 cup flour, sugar and oats. Mix in butter with fingers or a pastry cutter until mixture resembles coarse meal. Sprinkle mixture over batter. Bake at 350` for 30 minutes, or until done.
this recipe was inspired by the flying biscuit cafe.