Chocolate Chia Crème Brûlée
Yield 4 servings
- 1/3 cup chia seeds
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla paste or extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Grind chia seeds to a fine powder in a clean spice or coffee grinder.
- Stir together almond milk, cocoa powder, maple syrup, vanilla paste, and salt in a medium bowl. Stir in chia powder.
- Pour mixture into 4 (6-ounce) ramekins. Place in fridge and allow to thicken for 20-30 minutes. (Cover and chill over night, if desired.)
- Sprinkle 1 teaspoon sugar evenly over entire top of each ramekin.
- Burn sugar with a kitchen torch or place under broiler.
- Serve immediately.
Recipe by kumquat | gluten-free recipes at https://kumquatblog.com/2016/08/chocolate-chia-creme-brulee.html