blog brûlée will be an amazing weekend in the mountains of vermont, surrounded by like-minded registered dietitian and healthy food bloggers. we will be visiting vineyards, eating delicious food, and talking shop. and by shop i mean learning the ins and outs of blogging… photography, writing, community, brand promotion and so much more… from some of the very best.
Vanilla Bean Creme Brûlée
Yield 5 -6 servings
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 4 egg yolks
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 pint So Delicious french vanilla coconut milk coffee creamer
- 2 teaspoons vanilla paste*
- extra sugar
- Combine cornstarch, egg yolks, sugar, and salt in a medium saucepan; stir with a wire whisk until well combined. Stir in coffee creamer with a wire whisk until well combined. Heat mixture over medium-high heat, stirring with a wire whisk until mixture simmers, thickens and glugs with bubbles.
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla paste. Pour mixture through a fine sieve into a large measuring cup or bowl; discard any solids in the sieve. Pour strained mixture into ramekins. Chill for 4 hours or overnight.
- When ready to serve, sprinkle an even layer of sugar over surface of custard. Melt and slightly burn sugar with a kitchen torch or under a carefully watched broiler.
- *If you have no vanilla paste, feel free to scrape the seeds from one vanilla bean into the mixture before cooking.