Gluten Free Ratio Rally: Deep-Dish Chocolate Bourbon Pecan Pie
Yield 1 large (9-inch) pie
- 1 (16-ounce) bottle light corn syrup
- 1 1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 5 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 4 large egg yolks, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons bourbon (i used maker's mark)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup miniature chocolate morsels
- 3 1/2 cups pecan halves or pieces
- Mix flour and salt in the container of a food processor. Add butter; pulse until mixture resembles coarse meal. Gradually blend in enough ice water to form moist clumps. Gather dough into a ball. Roll dough on lightly-floured parchment paper into a 13-inch round. Carefully transfer to a greased 9-inch spring-form pan. Chill for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375`. Cover outside of pan with aluminum foil to prevent any leaks. Combine corn syrup, brown sugar and butter in a large bowl. Stir in eggs, egg yolks, vanilla, bourbon and salt with a wire whisk. Stir in chocolate morsels and pecans.
- Pour mixture into pan lined with uncooked pastry. Bake at 375` for 15 minutes. Reduce oven to 300` and bake for an additional 2 hours and 25 minutes. (Shield pie with aluminum foil to prevent excess browning, if necessary.) Cool completely. Cover and chill, for best slicing. Remove sides of spring-form pan before serving.
Recipe by kumquat | gluten-free recipes at https://kumquatblog.com/2011/11/gluten-free-ratio-rally-deep-dish-chocolate-bourbon-pecan-pie.html