sometimes it’s the little things.
especially when you’re a married couple with a good chunk of years under your belt and a bunch of little people under your feet.
valentine’s day begins to look very different. at least at my house.
long gone are fancy dinners over candle light, staring into each others eyes, exchanging well-planned gifts. (did we ever reallly do that?)
now, love rolls more like the comfortable sweater. it may have lost some luster, but it’s still your favorite.
the grand moments of affection look more like a passing hug in the kitchen. a minute of hand-holding in the car. emptying a clean dishwasher (for real- he knows that’s my love language). a gift of a hot cup of coffee. an extra hour of sleep on the weekend. an offer to change the baby’s dirty diaper. a dream that maybe in 18 years we can go on a vacation with just us two… though we decide not to do the math on how old we’ll be.
see, it’s the little things.
this pomegranate pistachio rose valentine’s bark is on par with that easy, cozy kind of love.
the heart is all there, but the gesture is simple and sweet.
Pomegranate Pistachio Rose Valentine's Bark
- 10 ounces dark chocolate chips
- whole, salted pistachios
- pomegranate arils (seeds)
- dried culinary rose buds(commonly found as a tea), petals separated
- Melt chocolate chips over a double boiler or carefully in the microwave.
- Spread chocolate out onto parchment paper to about 1/4-inch thickness.
- Sprinkle evenly with pistachios, pomegranate arils, and rose petals.
- Place chocolate in fridge to chill until set.
- Break bark into pieces, or cut with a knife.
- Store in fridge.
*this page contains an affiliate link to amazon!