disclosure: i was asked to participate in the #TasteTruvia campaign as a member of the healthy aperture network. i received a sample and was compensated for my time.
were you one of the 62,776,640?
an article i read online lately tallied 62,776,640 searches on google from january to october 2016 for the words, “get healthy”.
never more during the year is there the focus on health, wellness, and nutrition as there is in january, right? those new year’s resolutions, whether made or kept, are so often made with our dinner plates in mind.
november and december are over. and with them, the indulgences of desserts and sweets and goodies have come to an end.
or have they?!
not so at my house. that is why i love truvia products.
truvia natural sweetener is a natural, great-tasting, zero-calorie sweetener made with stevia leaf extract, the sweetest part of the stevia leaf. it is my trick for providing sweetness to beverages, like this honey ginger rum peach cocktail and iced tea (all. summer. long.). and occasionally when i feel like splurging on a delicious, sweet dessert but i don’t want the extra sugar.
case in point, these crazy incredible salted dark chocolate pots de creme. they are so heavenly…. low-sugar. and they are dairy-free, too!
because they are sweetened with truvia, you’ll feel like you’re cheating on those new year’s resolutions, but you won’t be. yep. plus, chocolate is an antioxidant. and we all could use more antioxidants, right?
truvia natural sweetener is available in a spoonable container or various-count packet boxes nationwide at your local grocery store. i seem to store those little packets in my purse at all times to sweeten restaurant iced tea. just one of those packets provides the same sweetness as two teaspoons of sugar. the spoonable container is awesome too, because if you’re like me, you’ll love the ease of using it for recipes like this one.
who cares that it’s january… indulge with this one.
- 9 ounces dark chocolate chips (69% cacao or higher)
- 6 large egg yolks
- 5 tablespoons Truvía® Natural Sweetener
- 1 pint (2 cups) original coconut milk coffee creamer
- 1½ teaspoons vanilla paste or extract
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Garnish: Maldon salt & cacao nibs
- Place dark chocolate chips in a large bowl.
- Combine egg yolks and Truvía® Natural Sweetener in a medium saucepan; stir with a wire whisk until pale yellow.
- Add coconut milk coffee creamer, vanilla, and salt; stir until combined.
- Heat over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture reaches 175° when measured with an instant read kitchen thermometer (about 10 minutes).
- Pour mixture through a sieve into bowl of dark chocolate. Discard any bits in the sieve. Allow mixture to sit for 2-3 minutes to melt chocolate.
- Stir mixture well to combine with chocolate.
- Pour evenly into 6 (4-ounce) ramekins or jars.
- Cover and chill at least 2 hours or until set.
- Sprinkle with a small pinch of Maldon salt and cacao nibs before serving.