disclosure: i received free samples from simply sesame. by posting this recipe i am entering a recipe contest sponsored by simply sesame and am eligible to win prizes associated with the contest. i was not compensated for my time.
one of the perks of being a food blogger is learning about new products.
food brands and manufacturers have caught on to the value of food bloggers… the fact that we’re a great example of a real consumer who enjoys using delicious products. and that we like to share about foods we like!
win-win, if you ask me.
so, today i wanted to pass on to you a new product i received, dear reader, that was really fun to use.
simply sesame is a 100% natural sesame spread with no additives or preservatives. it is not only gluten-free, but free of peanuts, palm oil, and GMOs. plus it is vegan.
they sent over their three flavors: pistachio morsels & a hint of cardamom, vanilla with almond bits, and their pure roasted sesame. basically, they’ve taken roasted sesame seed butter (tahini) and mixed in a hint of sweetness and some creative flavors.
of course, i couldn’t help but choose the pistachio/cardamom version to fold it into a tasty baked good. these grain-free cardamom pistachio sesame shortbreads are full of delicious flavor and have just the right amount of crunch. a little dip in dark chocolate with a sprinkle of salty pistachios doesn’t hurt either.
not to mention, this recipe inspired me to make a super fun stop-action video. it’s no kubo and the two strings, but it was still awfully fun to put together… be sure to check it out as you scroll down the page.
- 2 cups almond flour
- ½ cup arrowroot starch
- ½ teaspoon xanthan gum
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ⅔ cup sugar
- ¼ cup plus 3 tablespoons Simply Sesame Pistachio with a hint of Cardamom
- ¼ cup softened butter
- 1 cup dark chocolate, melted
- finely chopped salted pistachios
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Combine almond flour, arrowroot starch, xanthan gum, and salt in a medium bowl; stir.
- Add sugar; stir.
- Stir in Simply Sesame and butter until a dough forms. (use hands if needed to squeeze dough together.)
- Roll out dough on parchment paper to ½-inch thick rectangle. Cut rectangle in half lengthwise and then into 1-inch slices widthwise.
- Separate slices so there is about ½-inch space between them.
- Bake at 350° for 15 minutes or until edges are golden. Allow to cool.
- Dip long side in melted dark chocolate and sprinkle with chopped salted pistachios. Place in fridge to set chocolate.