disclosure: i received free samples from simply sesame. by posting this recipe i am entering a recipe contest sponsored by simply sesame and am eligible to win prizes associated with the contest. i was not compensated for my time.
one of the perks of being a food blogger is learning about new products.
food brands and manufacturers have caught on to the value of food bloggers… the fact that we’re a great example of a real consumer who enjoys using delicious products. and that we like to share about foods we like!
win-win, if you ask me.
so, today i wanted to pass on to you a new product i received, dear reader, that was really fun to use.
simply sesame is a 100% natural sesame spread with no additives or preservatives. it is not only gluten-free, but free of peanuts, palm oil, and GMOs. plus it is vegan.
they sent over their three flavors: pistachio morsels & a hint of cardamom, vanilla with almond bits, and their pure roasted sesame. basically, they’ve taken roasted sesame seed butter (tahini) and mixed in a hint of sweetness and some creative flavors.
of course, i couldn’t help but choose the pistachio/cardamom version to fold it into a tasty baked good. these grain-free cardamom pistachio sesame shortbreads are full of delicious flavor and have just the right amount of crunch. a little dip in dark chocolate with a sprinkle of salty pistachios doesn’t hurt either.
not to mention, this recipe inspired me to make a super fun stop-action video. it’s no kubo and the two strings, but it was still awfully fun to put together… be sure to check it out as you scroll down the page.
Grain-Free Cardamom Pistachio Sesame Shortbreads
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1/2 cup arrowroot starch
- 1/2 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup plus 3 tablespoons Simply Sesame Pistachio with a hint of Cardamom
- 1/4 cup softened butter
- 1 cup dark chocolate, melted
- finely chopped salted pistachios
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Combine almond flour, arrowroot starch, xanthan gum, and salt in a medium bowl; stir.
- Add sugar; stir.
- Stir in Simply Sesame and butter until a dough forms. (use hands if needed to squeeze dough together.)
- Roll out dough on parchment paper to 1/2-inch thick rectangle. Cut rectangle in half lengthwise and then into 1-inch slices widthwise.
- Separate slices so there is about 1/2-inch space between them.
- Bake at 350° for 15 minutes or until edges are golden. Allow to cool.
- Dip long side in melted dark chocolate and sprinkle with chopped salted pistachios. Place in fridge to set chocolate.