i think it’s fair to say we all need a positive interruption today.
the votes are being cast and the numbers are trickling in.
as a military wife, a mother, and a concerned citizen, i’ve cast my vote for the issues that i hold dear and believe to be vital to who we are as americans. but, as important as this day is in our nation’s history, i can’t decide if i’m ready for it to be over and for the winner to be declared.
so let’s talk about some cinnamon rolls instead!
the perfect distraction and pumpkin, too…
these incredible grain-free pumpkin cinnamon rolls are the best marriage of cinnamon roll and pumpkin bread cravings imaginable. and yep, grain-free! i filled them with a brown sugar, spice, and pecan filling, and spread a simple vanilla-cream cheese frosting on top.
they really are incredible.
instead of watching the poll results through my fingers, maybe i’ll whip up another batch of these so i’ll actually have something to look forward to in the morning…
- 1 tablespoon golden flaxmeal
- 2 tablespoons very warm water
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1 cup arrowroot starch
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 2 tablespoons soft butter
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons canned pumpkin
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla paste or extract
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon vanilla paste or extract
- Combine flaxmeal and water in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Combine almond flour, arrowroot starch, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Add pumpkin, melted butter, and flaxmeal slurry; mix to form a dough.
- Roll out dough to approximately 17- x 10-inch rectangle on parchment paper.
- Spread 2 tablespoons soft butter on rolled dough.
- Combine all filling ingredients.
- Carefully spread filling over soft butter on rolled dough.
- Roll up short side of dough into a log, lifting parchment to help you roll.
- Chill dough for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Line an 8-inch baking pan with parchment paper.
- Cut chilled dough roll into 12 pieces. Place pieces in baking pan.
- Bake at 400° for 29-30 minutes or until golden. Let cool slightly.
- Combine all icing ingredients.
- Spread evenly over all rolls.
- Breathe in deep, and enjoy!