disclosure: i was asked to participate in the #UseNectar truvia campaign as a member of the healthy aperture network. i received a sample and was compensated for my time.
i am a cheap date.
i’m such a light-weight when it comes to having a drink. usually, half a glass of anything and i’m done.
maybe it’s that i’ve been pregnant or nursing for what seems like 5 years, so my already paltry tolerance has been knocked down to zilch.
but sometimes you need a drink. last week qualifies. as do some of the holiday events that are coming up in the next couple of months.
and here’s where i’ll admit that if i drink, i like the sweet, fruity cocktails (no shocker to some). but like all things, i try to balance the amount of sugar i consume.
sweetening my beverages is precisely why i love love love truvia sweetener products.
truvia nectar is a blend of stevia leaf extract and honey making it twice as sweet as honey, so you only need to use half as much. plus it has half the calories per serving than sugar. it’s a simple switch to stir in truvia nectar wherever you’d use sugar or honey, if you want to have a more balanced, carb-conscious lifestyle.
since november is national diabetes month, this is a great way to effectively sweeten your holiday cocktails but keep them diabetes-friendly, too!
for these honey ginger rum peach cocktails, truvia nectar made an aromatic and delightful spiced-honey simple syrup when i cooked it with water and a little bit of ginger and cardamom. then i stirred it into some spiced rum and peach nectar, and topped it off with some lime seltzer and a squeeze of limes.
now, there’s a cocktail i’m happy to drink all of.
Honey Ginger Rum Peach Cocktail
Yield 2 servings
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Truvia Nectar
- 1 teaspoon ginger paste or 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 4 ounces peach nectar, divided
- 4 ounces spiced rum, divided
- 1/2 cup lime flavored seltzer water
- lime quarters
- candied ginger to garnish
- Combine water, Truvia Nectar, ginger paste, and cardamom in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil and simmer for 5 minutes or until reduced by half. Mixture should now equal about 2 tablespoons. Let cool.
- Fill two rocks glasses with crushed ice. Add 2 ounces peach nectar, 2 ounces rum, and 1 tablespoon Truvia syrup to each glass. Top with 1/4 cup lime seltzer water each. Give a squeeze of lime. Garnish with additional lime and candied ginger, if desired.