on the whole, i try hard to limit processed and over-sugary foods at my house. but it’s also true that there are times we sufficiently indulge.
now, enter the brownie toffee trifle. i share this valuable recipe with you today, dear reader, because:
1. it’s so delicious i could face-plant in the bowl.
2. it’s a sure-thing crowd-pleaser for kids and grown-ups.
3. it’s a great dessert for those who aren’t gluten-free, but are having gluten-free friends over for a dinner party… no scary ingredients or fancy baking skills required.
see… keep this one in your back pocket.
Brownie Toffee Trifle
- 1 box gluten-free brownie mix (i like King Arthur or Betty Crocker)
- 1 large box instant chocolate pudding
- 1 container frozen whipped topping, thawed (such as Cool Whip)
- Chocolate-covered toffee bars, coarsely broken (such as Heath bars)
- Prepare brownies according to package instructions. Allow to cool. Cut into 1-inch squares.
- Prepare chocolate pudding according to package instructions. Chill until ready to use.
- To assemble trifle, place a layer of brownie squares in the bottom of a large bowl or trifle dish. Top with half of chocolate pudding. Top pudding with whipped topping and half of toffee pieces. Repeat layers with brownies, pudding, and whipped topping. Top with brownies and toffee pieces.
- Serve immediately, or chill until ready to serve.