the winds here are growing colder. it honestly feels like fall lately. i’d like to think coffee doesn’t hold such a soft spot in my heart during the hot months, but i’d be lying. however, there’s something about savoring a perfectly spiced flavored coffee when it’s cooler outside.
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- Combine all ingredients. Prepare coffee for a 10-cup coffee pot. Sprinkle spice mixture over coffee grounds and turn on pot. Serve black or with milk.