you have two days to go out and buy the women who birthed your children something. or at least buy the ingredients listed at the bottom of this page.
(and this is truly a friendly psa as opposed to an excessive hint to my husband. we get to be at a tulip festival on mother’s day! i’m super excited…)
i couldn’t resist making something that would be perfect for mother’s day.
these waffles use the crackers, finely ground once again. they have a delightful savory flavor without being too overpowering. and almond flour adds a dose of protein to a typically high carb treat.
the whole plate, while just barely time-consuming (mother’s day is only once a year, people) is really simple but looks super impressive. mom will be so proud!
ps. if you’re not a daddy, you can still make this for someone you love…. they’ll be proud of you too!
- 110 grams (about 1 cup) almond flour
- ½ cup crushed finely ground Breton Gluten Free Herb and Garlic crackers (about 8 crackers)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 3 large eggs, separated
- 1 cup milk
- ⅓ melted butter
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1½ tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- ¼ cup parsley leaves
- 1 small garlic clove
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Canadian bacon
- Fried Eggs
- Combine almond flour, cracker crumbs, sugar, baking powder, and salt in a medium bowl or large measuring cup.
- Place 3 egg whites in a medium bowl; beat with an electric mixer to stiff peaks. Set aside.
- Combine 3 egg yolks, milk, and melted butter. Add milk mixture to dry flour mixture; stir well. Fold in beaten egg whites, being careful not to deflate them, until completely incorporated.
- Heat waffle iron. Cook according to manufacturer's instructions. Place waffles on a baking sheet and keep in a just warm oven.
- Melt butter in a small saucepan on the stovetop. Meanwhile, combine 2 egg yolks, lemon juice, parsley, and garlic clove in a deep bowl. Pulse with an immersion blender until combined. Slowly drizzle melted butter into bowl, while blending with immersion blender. Incorporate all of butter and blend until an emulsion forms. Stir in salt.
- Place one slice of canadian bacon on top of a waffle. Top with arugula and warm fried egg. Drizzle with Herb and Garlic Hollandaise. Serve (to mom) immediately.
An InLinkz Link-up