did you know that grilled cheese month is coming to a close?
well, it is. though with little ones who love, and heck who am i kidding, my own love for grilled cheese, the month’s end in no way means the end of grilled cheese at my house.
there’s something fantastically simple and comforting about a grilled cheese sandwich.
i am so honored to have been invited to be a part of the cabot cheese board. the cooperative is one i’ve worked with here and there for several years. the cheese board means they keep me up to date on what’s going on with them and, super bonus, send occasional boxes of cheese to my doorstep.
living here in northern new york, i’m kind of in cabot territory. it is fun to see their products all over the dairy cases at the store. (my husband and son are hooked completely on their 10% fat greek yogurt!) though it’s pretty easy to find their products throughout the country, too.
it was my good old friend, regan, who originally introduced me to all of their cheeses. i love love their reduced-fat cheddar for snacking. and their horseradish cheddar, tomato basil, vintage choice cheddar, and pepper jack are awesome. i just noticed they have a smoky bacon cheddar… i think that one needs to be tried… ahem.
speaking of bacon… here’s a super easy, flavorful grilled cheese for you. bacon-cheese-tomato. the best food comes from the best ingredients.
Grilled BCT Sandwich
- 1 tablespoon butter, divided
- 2 slices gluten-free whole grain sandwich bread (i use Udi's)
- 2 slices cooked nitrate-free bacon
- 1 slice ripe tomato
- 3 slices Pepper Jack cheese (like Cabot's)
- Melt half of butter in a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Top one slice of bread with bacon, tomato, and cheese. Top with other slice of bread.
- Place in skillet in melted butter and cook for 3-4 minutes or until golden brown. Add remaining butter to melt and flip sandwich into melted butter. Cook for 3-4 minutes or until golden brown and cheese is melted. To further melt cheese, remove skillet from heat, but allow sandwich to rest in warm skillet for a few additional minutes.
* though i am a member of the cabot cheese board and received complimentary cheese, i received no payment for this post and all opinions are my own.