last week was a big week…
we got a cat! my boy turned SIX! my mom came for her first visit to new york! and my man was promoted!
phew… it was a really great week.
(here’s one of the treats i took for the big promotion ceremony. pretzels, caramel, pecans and chocolate go really well with camo and american flags.)
once again, big huge thanks to healthy aperture blog. today they are featuring this recipe! go check it out... go now!
Pretzel Turtle Bars
Yield 20 servings
- 5 1/2 cups gluten-free pretzel twists (such as glutino), divided
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 10 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 1/2 cups coarsely chopped pecans
- 1 1/4 cups dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line a 13- x 9-inch pan with parchment paper, leaving a 1-inch overhang. Spray with cooking spray.
- Pulse 4 1/2 cups of pretzels in the bowl of a food processor until they resemble coarse meal. Add sugar and butter and pulse until mixture combines.
- Transfer mixture to prepared pan. Spread evenly and press mixture down with the bottom of a measuring cup. Drizzle sweetened condensed milk evenly over crust mixture. Sprinkle with remaining 1 cup pretzels, pecans and dark chocolate; gently press into milk.
- Bake at 350° for 22 minutes or until mixture bubbles and chocolate melts. Cool completely on a wire rack. Chill for 30 minutes or until chocolate is set. Using parchment overhangs, remove bars from pan. Peel off parchment and cut into squares.
*Recipe adapted and inspired by this Martha Stewart recipe.