because my family loves traditional fish & chips, i wanted to use this sweetpotato to create a healthier, gluten-free and nutrient-rich version… new world fish & chips. i think the pilgrims would happily enjoy… we did.
New World Fish & Chips
Yield 4 servings
- 3 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne powder
- 1 California sweetpotato, unpeeled and cut into 1/2-inch x 5-inch sticks
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 1/2 pounds salmon fillets
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Combine first 7 ingredients in a small bowl.
- Toss sweetpotato sticks in 1 tablespoon olive oil. Sprinkle with half of the spice mixture; toss well. Spread in a single layer onto a baking sheet. Bake at 425° for 15 minutes. Turn sweetpotatoes and bake an additional 15 minutes. Sprinkle with extra salt if desired.
- Meanwhile, cut salmon width-wise into 2 inch "fingers". Toss with remaining olive oil and remaining spices. Place on a baking sheet. After sweetpotatoes are done, bake salmon at 425° for 10 minutes or until easily flaked.