they’re chock-full of good things… zucchini, carrot, apple, coconut, almonds. brimming with flavor. the kind of muffins that you are happy to feed to your kids and pack in their lunches.
Yield 18 muffins
- 2 cups shredded carrots
- 1 cup shredded zucchini
- 1 cup shredded apple
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 2 teaspoons organic orange zest
- 140 grams (1 cup) kumquat's gluten-free all-purpose flour
- 70 grams (about 1 cup) almond flour
- 70 grams (about 3/4 cup) coconut flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon golden flaxmeal
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup coconut oil
- 3/4 cup water
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Combine first 6 ingredients in a large bowl; set aside.
- Combine flours, sugar, cinnamon, baking powder, flaxmeal, and salt in a medium bowl. Combine eggs, oil, water and vanilla in another bowl. Add egg mixture to flour mixture. Stir in carrot mixture; mix until well combined.
- Fill muffin tins to the top with batter. Bake at 400° for 25 minutes or until pick inserted in the center comes out clean.