and i’m wondering why i waited so long. seriously.
(if you have no idea what i’m talking about, there was this black bean brownie that became popular years ago. the brownie was made with all of the usual brownie ingredients, but with pureed beans in place of flour.)
combine a monster-size chocolate craving with a few extra cans of black beans and a free afternoon, and here’s what it gets you.
i’m almost certain you have all of these ingredients in your pantry. i dare you to try these and not like them. i cross my heart and pinky swear they taste nothing at all like black beans. they taste like a delightfully gooey, chocolatey, peanut butter mouthful of yum. best of all they are gluten-free, grain-free, cane sugar-free!
Chocolate-Peanut Butter Brownie Cookies
Yield 16 cookies
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 2/3 cup peanut butter
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Combine black beans, cocoa powder, vanilla, peanut butter, honey and baking powder in the container of a food processor. Process mixture until very smooth. Transfer mixture to a bowl and stir in dark chocolate chips.
- Roll dough into 2-inch balls and place on parchment-lined baking sheet. Press slightly to flatten. Bake at 350° for 12 minutes.