whether traveling or just on the run, finding quick gluten-free snacks isn’t always easy.
i’m ever a fan of bringing along some of my favorite bars, some fruit, maybe a couple little sweets and some nuts. but sometimes you just want something savory. (yes, you don’t hear me say that too often.)
this month the recipe redux has challenged us to provide a recipe for on-the-go, travel ease.
so, after falling back in love with cheese crackers through this grain-free cheese cracker recipe, i decided to continue with the idea and change the flavors a bit. just as delicious. a perfect snack-able size and a welcomed grain-free, gluten-free, guilt-free savory for the road.
Recipe Redux: Grain-Free Parmesan-Peppercorn Crackers
- 105 grams (about 3/4 cup) almond meal
- 105 grams (about 3/4 cup) tapioca flour
- 1 tablespoon whey protein
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup chilled butter, cut into small pieces
- 5 tablespoons ice water
- Combine first 7 ingredients in the bowl of a food processor; pulse until well-combined. Add butter and pulse until mixture looks like coarse meal.With processor running slowly add ice water until mixture forms a ball.
- Remove dough onto large piece of parchment. Cover with another large piece of parchment and roll dough into a large rectangle, about 1/8-inch thick. Place on a baking sheet. Chill dough for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Remove top layer of parchment and discard. Cut dough into 1-inch squares with a pizza cutter. Separate squares on parchment so no squares are touching. Bake at 350° for 22-24 minutes or until edges are barely browned. Allow to cool; store in airtight container.