for some reason i’ve been sitting on this recipe for a while… it’s time that i shared it.
Caramelized Onion-Raspberry Grilled Chicken
Serves: 4 servings
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 sweet onions, sliced into ⅛-inch slices
- 1 (12-ounce) jar raspberry preserves
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- ¼ teaspoon dry mustard
- 4 (8-ounce) bone-in, skinned chicken breast halves
- Heat oil in a large skillet. Add sliced onions and cook for 30 minutes, stirring frequently, or until golden brown. Add raspberry preserves, brown sugar and mustard to skillet; stir until combined. Bring to a simmer and cook 3 minutes or until slightly thickened. Set aside 1 cup of mixture.
- Preheat grill. Grill chicken, bone side up, for 15 minutes. Turn and baste with sauce. Grill an additional 15 minutes, basting with sauce, or until chicken is done. Serve with reserved cup of sauce.