luckily my little neck of the woods is getting some much needed rainstorms and barely cooler weather, but i know many parts of the country are still suffering drought and rarely seen high temperatures.
this month’s recipe redux challenge is certainly fitting for this hot summer. this recipe and all included below are “no cook” recipes, requiring no heat to add to the battle your air conditioner is already fighting.
with the beautiful bounty of berries around these days, i loved the idea of making a cool berry soup. what better, too, than blending up a bushel of blueberries with all of their well-known antioxidants and health properties. mix in some easy honey, mint, a dash of cinnamon, and some dairy-free coconut milk, and you have a lovely, jewel-toned, cool, perfectly sweet soup.
this chilled blueberry soup with mint is one of those dishes that would really fit any time of day. honestly, i ate it with breakfast this morning. but how pretty would it be on a high tea buffet or a sweet amuse-bouche served in a little demitasse cup…
this chilled blueberry soup with mint is a brilliant way to use those beautiful and healthy… Click To Tweet
Recipe Redux: Chilled Blueberry Soup with Mint
Yield 2 cups
- 1 pint fresh organic blueberries
- 1 (6-ounce) container plain coconut milk yogurt
- 1/2 cup canned full-fat coconut milk
- 4 fresh mint leaves
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- extra canned full-fat coconut milk
- Combine all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. Strain through a fine sieve; discard remaining seeds and skins. Chill mixture. Stir well; add additional coconut milk to achieve desired consistency, if desired.
- Serve with fresh mint leaves and a few drops of coconut milk, if desired.