hold onto your hats, here’s a savory…
and it’s so easy. if you need a quick, delicious, flavorful and fresh addition to a brunch (or appetizer) table, look no further. and really, how can you go wrong with boursin cheese and fresh tomatoes? i used some juicy, ripe romas for this tart, but oh, how lovely it would be with a colorful variety of heirloom tomatoes…
try it… it’s virtually fool-proof. and gluten-free, as always.
Tomato and Garlic-Herbed Cheese Tart
Serves: 1 tart
- ½ recipe of Pâte Brisée (equivalent of 1 pie crust)
- 8 ounces garlic and herb spreadable cheese (such as Boursin)
- Sliced tomatoes
- Salt & Pepper
- Fresh herbs
- Preheat oven to 400°. Fit Pâte Brisée into a tart pan. Pierce bottom of tart a few times with a fork.
- Bake crust at 400° for 10 minutes or until golden brown. Turn broiler to high.
- Spread cheese evenly over bottom of crust. Place sliced tomatoes on top of cheese. Place tart under broiler for 2-3 minutes or until tomatoes begin to cook. (watch the crust and make sure it doesn't darken too much)
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Top with fresh herbs.