with the entrance of spring comes lovely green leaves, beautiful bird songs, playing with bubbles in the sunshine, iced cold drinks….
i love a steaming hot cup of coffee and do indulge in a cup of half-caff every morning (and a sincere thank you to easy eats for saving one of my simple pleasures), but there’s something about icing up a drink that’s typically hot that makes it seem extra special.
before bidding farewell to milk-drinking, i used to love ordering chai tea lattes. the comfort of all of those heart-warming spices… not only do they taste delicious, but even the smell of the sweetened drink is divine. which of course leads me to one of my favorite (and healthier) cow’s milk alternatives, coconut milk. the canned kind with all of that beautiful cream on top. and with a little natural agave nectar to be just a bit kinder to your blood sugar… a seriously delightful treat.
Iced Coconut Chai Tea Latte
Yield 1 -2 servings
- 1 chai tea bag (decaf, if desired)
- 1 cup very hot water
- 2 tablespoons agave nectar
- 2/3 cup canned coconut milk, well-stirred
- Steep tea bag in hot water for 5 minutes. Remove and discard bag; allow tea to cool a bit. Stir in agave nectar.
- Pour mixture over 1-2 glasses of ice. Stir in coconut milk, either half per 2 glasses or all in one.