i love cheese. though i’ve mentioned several times that many dairy products and i are not friends, cheese seems to have not made that list…. hallelujah! so when given the opportunity to work on a recipe for cabot creamery cooperative, i couldn’t say no.
today i’m also offering a big first for this blog… a giveaway! one lucky kumquat reader will win a small assortment of cabot branded items (cheese knife, cutting board and travel mugs) and 2 coupons for free blocks of reduced-fat cheddar.
in order to enter the giveaway, leave me a comment about your favorite way to use cheddar.for extra entries you can: (and be sure to leave a separate comment for each)
this means you can have up to four entries! a couple of rules, though… you must be 18 and in the US. the giveaway will end on april 6, 2012 at 5:00 pm EST and a winner will be chosen using random.org. please leave a link to your blog, a twitter name or some other way to contact you in case you win!
thank you to all who participated…
Roasted Grapes, Prosciutto, Pine Nut & Cabot Cheddar Crepes
Yield 4 servings
- 2 cups red grapes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 ounce coarsely chopped prosciutto
- 1 1/2 cups baby spinach
- 1/2 cup julienned (matchstick-cut) pears
- 1/3 cup toasted pine nuts
- 1/3 cup halved, roasted garlic cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup shredded 50% reduced-fat Cabot cheddar
- 4 prepared large crepes (thawed frozen crepes or home-made crepes, gluten-free if necessary)
- Preheat oven to 350°. Combine red grapes and olive oil on a rimmed baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 13 minutes or until grapes begin to burst.
- Meanwhile, cook prosciutto in a large skillet until just barely crisp. Remove from heat and cool slightly. Stir in spinach, pears, pine nuts, and garlic. Sprinkle evenly with salt and pepper. Stir in grapes and any pan drippings.
- Sprinkle half of a crepe with with 3 tablespoons cheddar. Top cheese with about 3/4 cup roasted grape mixture. Fold crepe into quarters. Repeat with remaining ingredients.
i received free samples from Cabot Creamery of the cheese and giveaway items mentioned in this post. by posting this recipe I am entering a recipe contest sponsored by Cabot Creamery Cooperative and am eligible to win prizes associated with the contest. i was not compensated for my time.