i would be doing you all a disservice if i failed to share this recipe.
oh my heavens, i love this cookie. i also like to call it the “as big as your face cookie”. as a whole, i don’t recommend eating many things that are as big as your face, but i make a serious exception here.
if you eat gluten free, like me, it’s rare to find a cookie recipe that requires no flour, be it wheat or any other alternative. for this fabulous treat, only gluten-free rolled oats are required. hey, high fiber, right?!
the perfect peanut flavor and chewy oat-y texture go perfectly with a cup of hot coffee when i want to escape into a good book while my little guy takes his afternoon nap. and whose inner child doesn’t like eating a cookie with mounds of colorful M&Ms and chocolate chips?
these would make cookie monster proud.
(update: because i love this recipe, i’ve updated the images. my little guy doesn’t nap anymore. he’s now joined by two sisters, one who still naps if i’m lucky… and we are all still crazy about these cookies! more little monster abound.)
- ¼ cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 cups crunchy peanut butter
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon corn syrup
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla
- 4½ cups rolled oats (certified gluten free, if necessary)
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup M&Ms
- 1 cup chocolate chip morsels
- Cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350`.
- Combine butter, sugar and brown sugar at medium speed of an electric mixer until smooth. Add peanut butter, eggs, corn syrup and vanilla; mix until just combined.
- Stir in oats, baking soda and salt using a large wooden spoon. Gently stir in M&Ms and chocolate chip morsels until well-combined.
- Drop ¼ cup portions of dough about 4 inches apart on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350` for 12 to 15 minutes or until lightly browned. (Bake less time for a chewy cookie, more time for a crunchy one.) Let cool for 3 minutes on baking sheets. Remove to a wire rack to cool completely. But eat at least one while it's still warm.